TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Our Services and Responsibilities
Our service allows people to send and receive money internationally. A "sender" is someone who uses the service to send money. A "recipient" is someone who uses the service to receive money through the service. The "destination country" is the country in which the recipient receives money through the service. A "transaction" is a specific instruction to send money through the service. The "transaction amount" is the amount that the sender provides for transmittal to the recipient, excluding applicable fees and prior to any foreign exchange conversion. The "payout" is the amount paid out to the recipient, excluding any taxes or charges that may be levied under the laws of the destination country (the "local taxes").
Using Our Website
- You must be at least 18 years old to access or use the service. You must be able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Other restrictions may apply.
- Budget Remit reserves the right to access Australia Post Digital ID and any other government or private databases in order to verify your information through the process referred to as “digital verification”. If certain databases provide a match to the information you provide then we may not have to ask for photographic evidence of your identity.
- Budget remit reserves the right to refuse to accept any new user at its discretion.
- If you submit a transaction, you are requesting that we process your transaction, an offer which we may accept or reject at our sole discretion from our place of business.
Your Membership Account
If you use this website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Budget Remit reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel transaction in their sole discretion
Processing Transaction and Collection of Payment
- Transfer cost. For each transaction that you submit, you agree to pay us a transfer fees (the "service fee") plus the payout amount. Additional charges may apply. Payment is due at the time you submit your transaction.
- In order for us to collect payment from you, you have to immediately make payment to budget remit's bank account using your internet banking. If you do not make payment immediately our system may automatically cancel your transfer. The funds must be transferred from a bank account held in your full name.
- Budget Remit and its service providers (defined below) usually make money when you pay for a transaction in one currency, and the transaction is paid out in another, based on the exchange rate determined by budget remit and specified on the website. The exchange rate specified at the time and date of transfer is applicable only when payment in full is received at the same time the transaction is submitted. Different FX rates may apply if payment is not received and not cleared by the bank within the same business day (9am -5pm AEST) after the transaction has been created. A different exchange rate may also apply in all cases where a transaction is submitted on a Friday or a Public Holiday or other such event where the completion of a transaction within 24 hours is beyond the control of Budget Remit.
- Budget Remit payment service will automatically match funds received to the customers active transfer in the system.
- Service providers. We work with local banks, money exchange houses, and other third-party service providers (each, a "service provider") to pay funds out to recipients. You, in your capacity as a sender, hereby appoint your recipient as your agent for the purpose of receiving funds in connection with the service.
- Verification. Recipients may be required to prove their identity before receiving funds by presenting valid, unexpired identification papers from a list of acceptable forms of identification, for example a valid passport, driver’s licence or national identity card. In addition, recipients may be required to provide a transaction reference number and/or "transaction code" associated with their transaction.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse any transaction or limit the amount to be transferred, either on a per transaction basis or on an aggregated basis. We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Budget Remit does not guarantee any specific timeframe due to various factors including business hours, currency and the need for verification of identity or the availability of your funds nevertheless, you may be entitled to a refund in certain circumstances, as described herein.
- You may not use the service in violation of these terms or applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to rules and regulations relating to money laundering, illegal gambling activities, fraud, and the funding of terrorist organizations.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the quality, safety, legality, or delivery of goods or services that you pay third parties for using the service. You acknowledge that any use of the service for to pay for such goods and services is at your own risk.
- We may, at our sole discretion, refuse transactions from certain senders and to certain recipients, including without limitation, entities and individuals that are included on the specially designated nationals list, non-cooperative countries and territories list, the office of foreign asset control list, and such other lists as may be issued from time to time by government agencies in the countries budget remit offers transaction services.
- You may not submit or receive a transaction on behalf of another person or entity.
- We do not let you change the details of your transaction once it's submitted to us for processing. It is your responsibility to make sure your transaction details are accurate.
Cancellation and Refunds
- You may cancel your transaction for a full refund at any time while your transfer status is in “Awaiting Payment”. Full refund will be given excluding bank fees. For any transaction completed beyond this, you must promptly reach out to us at email@example.com.
- We do not usually make refunds; however, we will make reasonable efforts to recover the funds upon your written request for some special circumstances.
- Refund of payment is at the sole discretion of Budget Remit according to Consumer Affairs Law of Australia
- Any refunds will be credited back to the same payment instrument used to fund the transaction and in the same currency.
When you visit Budget Remit or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
By visiting Budget Remit, you agree that the domestic laws and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of our Website, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Budget Remit.
You acknowledge that the Service, including but not limited to the content of this website, text, graphics, links, buttons, logos, and images, as well as all other Budget Remit copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, and product and service names are owned or licensed exclusively by Budget Remit. You agree not to display, use, copy, or modify the Budget Remit Intellectual Property in any manner. You are authorized solely to view and retain a copy of the pages of this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. You further agree not to: (i) use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated device to access the Service; or (ii) remove or alter any author, trademark or other proprietary notice or legend displayed on this website (or printed pages thereof).
Budget Remit reserves the right to display advertisements.
Budget Remit reserves the right to display attribution to external links.
Budget Remit reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Budget Remit may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Budget Remit may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your www.budgetremit.com account, you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by Budget Remit if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within two (2) days from Budget Remit notice to you thereof; provided that, Budget Remit can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website is provided “as is”. Budget Remit and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Budget Remit nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Budget Remit and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by the posting by Budget Remit of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Victoria, Australia, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Victoria, Australia.